Jewellery Cleaning and Care
It is important to take regular care of your precious fine
3. In-store Ultrasonic Cleaner. Our ultrasonic cleaner is very effective on gold and diamond
To Clean Coloured Gemstones:
jewellerywith a soft damp cloth after wearing
- For deeper cleaning, soak your
jewelleryfor 2-3 minutes in a bowl of warm water with a few drops of mild liquid soap
- Do not use detergents or ultrasonic cleaners.
- Gently scrub
jewellerywith a soft facial or cosmetic brush.
- Rinse in a bowl of clean water and air-dry thoroughly on a soft, absorbent cloth.
- Do not expose your
colouredgemstones to sudden changes in temperature or extreme heat, as it may fracture the stone.
- Avoid household cleaners and harsh chemicals like ammonia, chlorine
- Avoid shocks and knocks. Some gemstones like tanzanites and emeralds are very brittle and can fracture easily.
- Do not expose
colouredgemstone jewelleryto chlorinated or salt water.
Pearls are natural, soft gems created within mollusks in the sea or freshwater. These special gems require proper care to retain their beautiful luster and color over the years. Like softer gemstones, pearls can scratch easily, so use care to store them separate from other jewellery.
- Wipe with a soft, damp cotton cloth each time pearl
jewelleryis worn to remove traces of perfume, perspiration or makeup.
- For occasional cleaning, soak 2-3 minutes in a bowl of lukewarm (never hot) water.
- Rinse and dry on a soft absorbent cloth.
- Pearl strands must dry thoroughly prior to wearing as the damp silk thread attracts dirt and can easily stretch out.
- Do not spray on perfume or hairspray while wearing pearls as the chemical agents contained in these products may damage the delicate nacre of the pearl and cause pitting, dulling or yellowing.
- Avoid household cleaners, detergents and harsh chemicals like ammonia, chlorine
- Do not use ultrasonic or steam cleaners.
- Remove pearl
jewellerybefore entering a chlorinated pool.
- Have pearl strands restrung every 1-3 years depending upon the amount of
- Store pearls separately, wrapped in silk, soft cotton or a chamois. Keep away from excessive heat or direct sunlight. Avoid airtight plastic bags or containers, as this can dry out the natural moisture of the nacre and cause pearls to crack or discolor over time.
The hardest of stones, diamonds derive their beauty from the way they refract, reflect and disperse light. The slightest bit of film from skin oil, soap or hand lotion will change a diamond’s refractive index and dull the diamond’s brilliance. Diamond rings worn every day should be cleaned often to keep them sparkling and bright.
- Soak in a bowl of warm water with a few drops of ammonia.
- Using a soft toothbrush, gently scrub the entire piece, especially underneath the setting of your stone to dislodge any dirt.
- Rinse in a bowl of clean water and dry.
- Do not touch the surface of clean diamonds with your fingertips. Instead, handle
jewelleryby the edges to avoid leaving fingerprints.
- Do not perform heavy work while wearing diamond
jewellery. Diamonds are the hardest of stones but can still be chipped if hit the wrong way.
DOES YOUR JEWELRY
NEED A MAKEOVER?
Chat With An Expert
Jewellery in for
a Day Spa
BOOK A CONSULTATION
We offer personal consultations one on one in our beautiful boutique store located in the heart of Maroochydore.
Handmade Jewellery Made With Love
We can make your dream a reality. Choose the design of ring you want and the diamond to illuminate it. Let this exclusive service guide you as you move towards a uniquely emotional moment.
EXCLUSIVE FOR YOU
We make your dream a reality