To Clean Coloured Gemstones:
- Wipe jewellery with a soft damp cloth after wearing
- For deeper cleaning, soak your jewellery for 2-3 minutes in a bowl of warm water with a few drops of mild liquid soap
- Do not use detergents or ultrasonic cleaners.
- Gently scrub jewellery with a soft facial or cosmetic brush.
- Rinse in a bowl of clean water and air-dry thoroughly on a soft, absorbent cloth.
Special tips when cleaning coloured gemstones:
- Do not expose your coloured gemstones to sudden changes in temperature or extreme heat, as it may fracture the stone.
- Avoid household cleaners and harsh chemicals like ammonia, chlorine and bleach.
- Avoid shocks and knocks. Some gemstones like tanzanites and emeralds are very brittle and can fracture easily.
- Do not expose coloured gemstone jewellery to chlorinated or salt water.